I love this blouse! I am not real savvy about altering raglan sleeves for a full bust but over all I am pleased with the fit. I think this fabric is so pretty, which you can't pick up here but have seen in my previous post. DH said "that's beautiful" so it all works for me. Here is what I had to do with Simplicity 4047:
I cut the side seams wider from the armpit down to accommodate a C cup. I had to do a sway back adjustment cutting off 1 inch at the center back waistline on the bodice, not the peplum. This was tapered back to normal at the side seams. Based on reviews I read on PR, I made my side seam invisible zip go right up into the armpit. Frankly, I don't know how you would get this on if you used the recommended 9 inch zipper. I used a twelve. With the twelve inch zipper I could not get this over the shoulders on my dress form. But I was able to get it on me, no problem. All facings were eliminated and the blouse is fully lined from edge to edge. I sewed the lining in around the neckline, clipped, turned, and under stitched. Then I decided to bag the lining, reaching into the sleeves, grabbing the lined up sleeve edges, pulling them to the outside and stitching. This worked like a charm. I left the rest of the lining to hang freely and hemmed the blouse and lining separately. To secure the lining so it would not roll out I ditchstitched in the underarm and shoulder seams and it worked great. This lovely linen really required a lining and a facing would have shown horribly thru the white linen.
I am very pleased with this. I do think this pattern runs snug as others have said on PR, so beware. In a perfect world I would have made a muslin first. I can see this in that glorious silk my daughter brought me back from Singapore with the cropped narrow pants to match, very Mad Men. Will somebody please invite me to a wedding or such so I can make that outfit, please..........Bunny