My friend Tammy's bridesmaid dress is complete. Since it is a simple knit cowl column it does not look good on the hanger. It also does not look good on my dress form as we are built quite differently. Tammy is petite but carries her weight in her shoulders, which by the way gives her a lovely neckline area that this dress emphasizes. But it makes her dress want to fall of of a form with almost no shoulders. So here it is in it's packing bag for you. I know, rather ridiculous. But she promises me a full pic when her full hair and makup are done.
I did get the ultimate compliment. She called me about an hour after she got home from work. Seems she tried on the dress with silver heels and bling and her husband loved it and wanted me to know. I'll take that!
When I get a better photo I will do a review on the pattern and some of the changes I did on it. The lining worked out really well and I did some fun games with French tacks to keep the movement but to not let it fly out of the slit. I had her walk around the room and twirl and that worked really well, so more to come on the finishing when the pics come in. In the meantime thanks for your patience.
Not much publishing lately but I have also been nursing what has turned out to be a bladder infection and kidney stone passing, worse pain ever ever. So now that the rotten little rock has moved on and Tammy's dress is complete, I will be starting back on the Ikat jacket. First order of business will be the flat lining. Hope you join me by following along. I also have an interview coming up with a wonderful designer. Until then, happy stitching!.......