Thank you to all of you for your kind words and unbridled encouragement regarding the "wedding" dress. You spur on my creativity more than you know and I greatly appreciate it. Each and every comment is always savored and appreciated.
I love that you endorse the wearing of hats. Wouldn't the world be a much prettier place with lovely hats around every corner? Let's face it, it's the only reason I watch the Kentucky Derby.
A bit more info: I pegged my skirt even more than I mentioned in previous posts, pegging each of the four skirt pieces in by 3/4 of an inch. A total of 3 inches was removed from the skirt width near the hem. That was done by tapering in from below the hips. This pattern really needs that, IMO, otherwise frumposis sets in.
I loved the collar on this dress. Many of the reviews I read stated they had a hard time getting it to fit properly. I just followed the markings and let it land wear it felt like and I think that worked out just fine. On different fabric it would be lovely with a brooch right where the two collar ends meet.
Now, just a couple of responses to Su-z and Marysia.
To Su-Z: This Very Easy Vogue pattern has great fit opportunity with all the darts and cup options as well as the impressive back curvature. I don't think it will take much to make it work for most sizes without too much frustration. I hope you give it a go.
Beading the zipper really is quite simple and as long as a back stitch is used, it is quite sturdy. My dancing proved that!
To Marysia: Doing a blogpost on adding a vent to a skirt sounds like a great idea! I will do my best to squeeze it in. Our home is taking a lot of our attention right now so I have to really squeeze my sewing time in with competing projects and temptations. The rain has worked to my sewing advantage but I don't know how long that will last. Thanks for your vent idea.
I am very near completing the Rusted Layered Tunic and here's a little tease. Last night I cut out a muslin for the sleeve and basted it in. I learned that trick from Claire Shaeffer. The sleeve is "hung" in muslin after the jacket or top is fitted and complete. Adjustments are made and a second muslin is recut and basted in if needed and I will do that tonight. If it works, the sleeves will be cut out and installed. This top feels and looks so comfy. Sleeves always look so weird once adjusted so I will definitely sew in that second attempt. Till then....................Bunny