Sewing Vloggers

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Such splendor!

I've spent some of this long Columbus Day weekend doing what I call  a bit of palate cleansing tchotchke sewing. And what in heaven's name is that? Well, I've made 4 darling little pin cusions, so far anyway, and now I am working on some cute felted jewelry. I will be presenting a program at our library on making easy mini gifts for the holidays, the type of things that would be great for teachers, mail people, etc. I will definitely report more as I get more done.

In the meantime, our environment is currently so spectacular, that hubby and I and my camera went on a ride to take some pics. All of these are very close to our home. I couldn't wait to share them with you all. Fall in the Northeast is truly something spectacular to behold. As my hubs said today, "it's the gift before the horror of winter." Hope you like......................

This is just one of the many fields in our rural area.



This is the Deer River taken from the little bridge at the top of our street.


A typical road in our village. I drive this to work  each day and yes, it's dirt.


This is the St. Regis river, two miles from our home, facing south.


The St. Regis River facing north. There are many iron mines in our area so the waters run clear but brown due to the high iron content. .

I hope you've enjoyed our little foliage tour. It would be hard to leave such beauty, but when we move it will be to a very similar environment in New  Hampshire and very close to our children. We can't wait. If you ever care to see this spectacle up here in the Northeast, plan for Columbus day weekend. It is always peak color for NY, NH and Vermont and a week later for Massachusetts, R.I. and Connecticut. Hope you have all been surrounded by a bit of beauty today................Bunny

22 comments:

  1. oh WOW. Autumn is my favorite time of year and you definitely live in an amazing place to experience it. feeling just a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can imagine, it is not a hub of high fashion! ;) Don't be too jealous.

      Delete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - I too love this time of year, but don't have such spectacular scenery to enjoy. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall colors are the one thing I miss about living on the east coast. Thanks for the tour, Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the beautiful photos. I truly miss these few weeks when New Jersey is aflame with our glorious autumn foliage. So many resivours to reflect the beauty. Florida pales .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thanks, We are expecting rains and heavy wind Tuesday so I had to take them while we could. One good wind storm and down they go!

      Delete
  7. Lovely. The rivers are so peaceful, they must sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's our own "white noise" from nature. The river is a hundred feet from our back door.

      Delete
  8. Update New York is breathtaking in the fall, I truly miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning scenery. Your husband is right; the calm before the storm. Let's hope this winter is easier than last. At least winter storms are an excuse to stay inside and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! I was out in the airplane on Saturday looking for a little fall color. Just not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this exquisite gift. Such beauty, despite its travails, is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the lovely fall foliage. Hubby and I were on a fall foliage cruise from Quebec City up the St Lawrence River stopping in Halifax and 3 ports in Maine from 9/25 to 10/7 and didn't see any color! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a bit too early. Columbus weekend always seems to be the magic time.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful pictures of your stunning surroundings Bunny

    Hope that you and Ern stay safe during the storms; lots of sewing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We did a mini foliage drive this weekend and I have to say that the reds and oranges this year are spectacular. A little further south for us, NYS/MA border area, right in our own backyard. "The hills are alive..." Inspiration for next year's garments and quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a very special time to enjoy. I love the colours and the feeling of space and fresh air. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful environment to enjoy Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so beautiful. We have some nice colours this year but haven't had that necessary cold snap. Our climate is temperate - rarely very warm in summer and rarely very cold in winter - because of the Gulf Stream.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos! Lucky you to be living surrounded by this natural beauty. I too love fall because of all the beautiful colors this time of year. Where I live in NJ, the trees are still green and it still feels rather warm during the day. I think we will start seeing the trees change color in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A couple more weeks and we will be enjoying the same colorful display where I live. That is about the only thing I like about fall, the colorful foliage. I am definitely a summer, more heat the better person.

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...