I finally found tiny vibrantly colored buttons for Carly's Bishop. Last week there was no such thing at Joann's. This week they had them. Only one problema:
Gotta tell ya', the buttons make this design. It really popped once they were applied so I don't want to change the design direction by not doing them. There will also be buttons all over the coat to go with this. Oy..... I did get the cuffs done. They have the double piping and plaid cuffs. It is really coming out cute. I managed to get the growth tuck done on the hem as well. So, we are close, very close.
I will leave you with an apron Ima gave me, one her sister made for her. It has ONE snap at the waistline seam and a loop of fabric you can see that has both ends sewn into the waistline. Wonder what those were for. The dark grey area is a deep divided pocket and the front has large cross stitching in sewing motifs that her sister did. I just love it. My favorite part is the tape measure at the hemline.