You see various shades of pink. I can't wait to play with these and look forward to using these wools for bags.
Next was washing and pressing some suitings. These are really nice suitings. Two are hounds tooth checks and I guess the third is as well but has a lot more texture. Great stuff and enough to make a great suit or jacket.
After dealing with those two projects I moved on to the blouses. We are talking poly blouses with a good silk charmeuse print look. I washed them, stripped off the buttons and cut them apart so I had the sleeves and bodice to provide me with linings for bags. Well worth it as the prints were really nice.
Once the chore part of my sewing day was done I moved on to Carly's bishop. I am pleased so far. On the neckline I did a double piping with the plaid and the toile. Above that I did a binding with the plaid. I am now thinking of possible plaid pockets on the dress. I think I will do a mock pocket and see how it looks. I don't want to show this dress till complete so bear with me.
So a lot was accomplished in my sewing world today but not anything really visually exciting. Oh, one more thing: I completed the bag for my friend. It came out great and is in the box ready to go to the Post Office. This is the exact same bag you see in this older post. I mean exact. I bought tons of that fabric from the Fix so will be using it for a while. I do have another quick bag to do in another barter situation but it will be a simple felted tote.
The sewing room is clean. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with my legacy. Carly's bishop is near done. The bag is done. Time to move on, possibly a Chanel jacket. I need to go pattern shopping. I haven't done that in a while.....Bunny