I have so so much to be thankful for. I sure hope you all do as well. I know times can be rough, particularly in this crazy economy. Let's hope it gets better for all who need it to really soon but in the meantime there is ALWAYS much to be thankful for. Just a few of the things I am so glad and thankful about:
- My patient, loving husband. He has been with me since I was sixteen and truly loves me. I so know that. When you have been together as long as we have and weathered the storms we have, each year becomes a bigger treasure than the last.
- My beautiful two daughters. They are blessed with loving, caring husbands, and have blessed us with 5 wonderful grandchildren that truly make life worth living. They have turned into caring, productive adults. No Mom could ask for more.
- I have a warm home in a sometimes scarily cold climate and a husband who tends the woodstove carefully and responsibly. There are many fires around here from woodstoves. I feel safe.
- My stash of fabric, really quite small compared to many but just what I need. It is loaded with lots of vintage fabrics, laces, and buttons that bring on memories that make me smile and that makes it big enough.
- A Mother and Grandmother who gave me the love of sewing, and the freedom to be creative. They encouraged me to be creative. What a gift!
- A wonderful job. I work with amazing women, not a bitch anywhere! It is truly a blessing to work with wonderful women who do their jobs well and care for others even more. I treasure them all.
- The wonderful sewing sisterhood. You all encourage me, inspire me, make me laugh, make me cry, and make me spend money!!!
- My health, and a brilliant neurologist. For the first time in 4 1/2 years I am pain free from something that has made very day and night difficult. He corrected a long misdiagnosis and all that entailed, treating me appropriately for, in his words, "an extremely rare condition that is almost always misdiagnosed" and gave me my life back, really. I was getting pretty discouraged for a while there but it is all behind me now. I thank God for this every morning when I wake up, such a blessing.