Sewing Vloggers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fabrics and Fur!


Here are a few of the fabrics taking space in my mind right now, sewn or unsewn! The first is Miss Lily's ensemble, white hankerchief linen, soft yellow matelasse, and the floss for the smocking and bullions. There may be more floss colors as this develops. I am thinking of doing the jacket first and given the huge storm they are predicting for tomorrow, I may even finish it before it stops snowing. It will be just a simple little jacket, maybe a pocket. We'll see!



Next are the two pieces I bought for some summer sewing for myself, 3 yards of each. I have a wedding to go to Memorial Day weekend and would love to be able to use the chiffon plaid for that. I am searching patterns right now. Joann's has Simplicity, Vogue, and McCalls all on sale at some point during their next sale period. I believe it starts the 11th. I will be doing some review hopping tonight on PR to check things out.

I finished the handwork on the fur vest. This picture shows the lining being fell stitched to the shaved fur seam allowance. I am not 100% on the success of this garment but I don't think I am ever 100% on the success of any garment. I will try to get some outside pics of me wearing the vest out in our snowy terrain. I will post lots of my frustrations when I post those pics. For now, this one is what I did today, the fell stitching. It is now all done! You know, there really is a big fudge factor with fur. Thank goodness! I am not sure the fudge factor is equal to the frustration factor. I will say I have so much respect for those who tackle entire coats out of the fluffy stuff. Not sure I will be ready for that challenge for quite some time.










Last night I showed you all a picture looking down from the Olympic ski jump in Lake Placid. DH and I were midway and took the pictures from the judges stand. Tonite I will show you the view looking up. Put the two together and you can see where the expression "brass balls" comes from...............Bunny

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the vest! Your new fabrics look like a breath of fresh air compared to the fur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bunny .- thanks for showing the picture of the implementation of the lining in the fur garment. Now I'm going to sew a fur collar "toscana" in a parka, I hope to do well ... uhmmm. Is already impatient to see the vest in full.

    greetings, Paco


    Hola Bunny.- gracias por mostrar la foto de la aplicaciĆ³n del forro en la prenda de peleteria. Yo voy a coser ahora un cuello de pelo de "toscana" en una parka, espero hacerlo bien...uhmmm. Ya quedo impaciente por ver el chaleco al completo.

    saludos, Paco

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...