Sewing Vloggers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lots of Thanks!

First I would like to thank all who commented on the Collaged Bag for their wonderful comments. Your imput is really special to me.

A special thanks goes out to Lindsay T of Lindsay T Sews for her nomination for the Sisterhood Award. We are a sisterhood. Our sister bloggers inspire us, make us better at what we do, and become our friends. Thank you so much, Lindsay.

Here are the rules of the award:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.



I would like to nominate the following for the Sisterhood Award as well.
* Sigrid of Bubblegum 4 Breakfast
* Sara of Rufflebunnies
* Sherril of Sherril's Sewing Saga
* Laurie of SewNSo*
* Maria Elena of El Baul de las Costureras
* Sharon of Pin Tangle
* Kristine of Just Keep Sewing
* Ana of Ana's Closet

These are all tremendously inspirational sewists, each with their own niche and expertise. Please take a moment to visit their wonderful blogs.

I also want to echo a recent post of Carolyn's. Every blogger should get this award. If you are blogging about sewing it is because you love sewing and it is a big part of your life. If you are blogging about sewing it is because you are generous and want to share your knowledge with your sisters. If you are blogging about sewing it is because you care about and art form, no matter what level of your expertise. And last but not least, if you are blogging about sewing, know that I wished you lived next door and that my daily visits to your world bring me almost that close. I really appreciate all of you and your visits...Bunny

6 comments:

  1. Bunny .- congratulations on the award. you deserve it, no doubt. enjoy.

    Hasta pronto, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and Thank You! I've said it before, and I'll say it again... our friendship is very special to me. I so wish we could chat over a cup of coffee someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm greeting from Bali ^^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Bunny. I love your blog and am not surprised that others do as well.

    Now for a question. Having been reading your blog for some time, you have inspired me to try a bit of sewing for myself (after 35 years of sewing for little ones). But I have a question about pattern sizing. In ready made clothes, I am a fairly true size 6. But when I compare my measurements with those on the pattern envelopes, nothing matches up! I am shaped pretty much like a yard stick, only wider! Should I go with the bust measurement or what?

    Thanks for your help!
    Cissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sick, Bunny? Babysitting? You haven't blogged in a week now -- and are missed!
    Cissie

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...