This pattern is presenting a couple of challenges. These challenges are from my own decision to use a semi sheer fabric and a disagreement between the sleeve construction Simp's way and finishing the sleeve "my way". Let's get into the sleeve.
The patterns shows a couple of pleats in the hemline edge of the short puffed sleeve. They require that the pleats are basted in. After that Simp wants you to simply turn the hem edge up and clean finish, you know, 1/4 inch turn and and another 1/4 inch turn. This just seamed a bit Home Ec-y to me. One of the reviews on PR showed another sewist who felt the same. She trimmed her sleeve hems with ribbon. I didn't want a ribbon finish. Instead I decided on a bias binding. This would be interesting with the use of the stripes and the fact that you can see the second layer of bias stripes shadowing through.
I liked this finished effect. You can see the stripes shadowing through on the bias, cool.
All that remains is to attach the peplum and buttonholes. I might be able to finish tomorrow...Bunny