The back has criss-cross straps that are connected inside the back waistband with buttons. There are buttonholes in the straps. I made sure I used a smooth rounded button so it wouldn't irritate Carley's skin. The back waistband is a casement that holds a one inch elastic that is free floating in the casing but ditch stitched into the side seams.
The floss is DMC and echos the colors in the bubble fabric. The flowers are free form, following the wispy looking flowers in the lighter colored fabric. I centered them and just sort of let them flow from my needles.
The pattern is "Emilee" from Australian Smocking and Embroidery, issue 74. The only change I did from the original is the addition of the hem band and my own smocking design for the flowers.
- The fabric is 100% cotton from I don't know where. Fusible interfacing was used in the bodice and the straps. I used a woven.