What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was doing interior design and selling furniture for a large home furnishings store. My children were in college and we were scraping together everything we could to keep them there. My sewing mostly consisted of suits and coats that I loved to tailor. That was my work uniform. I interspersed that with an occasional silk blouse, and some artsy type vests, bags, and jackets. My job was MORE than a 60 hour week and I found Nancy Zieman's 10-20-30 Minutes to Sew very inspiring. Most of my sewing was done in the extra half hour I carved out every morning before my official get up and get ready for work time.
What are the five things on my to do list today?
Well, I just got back home from Mass and NH visits and business and it's late so I will give you tomorrow's to do list. Tomorrow on my list are:
- Go thru mail and pay bills.
- Balance all checkbooks. I think there are five.
- Pay quarterly sales tax and go thru rest of bills and paperwork.
- Cut out two new bags and get them pleated.
- Go to town and buy two Knockout roses, two euonymous(es), some Thujas, if I can find them, and come home and plant them and mulch.
Homemade cookies, spoonfuls of my homemade pesto, complete bags of Cheetos, and any fresh fruit
Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
This is assuming there were lots of millions, because I think today all us baby boomers could do with a million is pay off bills and put the rest toward retirement. So if it were millions:
- Establish a scholarship fund for all our family members with the requirement that a 2.5 cumm be maintained or lose it. No free ride here!
- Establish a beautification fund for our little village that would make it the envy of all around. It would create a lovely park and gardens, spruce up the town center and offices, and give money to keep the churches pretty.
- Establish a scholarship fund for the locals.
- Travel, travel, travel, starting with a private beach on Turks and Caicos and then following an itinerary that would include all the fabric stores I can shop in.
- Buy the best honkin' sewing machines I can find, including embroidery, serger, etc.
New Orleans, LA
Lake Charles, LA
San Antonio, Texas
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
New Bedford, Mass.
Dickinson Center, New York
Work I have done:
Asst. to Art Director of Television station
Sewn my own designs for a boutique
Did design and sales for a ceramic tile company Designed and sold custom window treatments Residential interior design
Commercial interior design
Sold Real Estate
Human Resource Mgr.
Managed a trucking company
Can't wait to read some other memes out there in the sewing blogosphere!
I really don't know much about this lace other than it is about 3 inches wide and lovely.....Bunny