Thursday, July 30, 2009
Here you see a couple of the details of the shirt. The sleeves have a pleated, piped, hemstitched treatment. ( click to enlarge and see better. )You can also see the hemstitching on the pleat detail in the back of the shirt. The piping worked up so sweetly, nice and tiny. I used a tiny drapery cord for the first time and really liked working with it. It stays firm but is nice and small. For my hemstitching I used a wing needle and regular sized thread. I just liked the look better than the fine embroidery weight thread. I did samples with them both and the heavier thread won out. It has before.
The smocking continues. I have experimented with various bullion flowers and have decided on daisies. Bullion roses would give too much of a christening gown look and that is not what I am after. I think the daisies will be a much lighter touch.
All other aspects of the blouse are completed and just waiting for the insert to be finished. Once it is I can put it together. I am pretty sure this weekend it will be done. Then it is on to Carly's bishop......Bunny
This week I am on vacation, Yay! Nothing big planned, just sort of letting it flow. The weather seams to be the mistress of my time and ...
A recent visit to the T hreads website had contributing editor and sewist extraordinaire, Kenneth King, offering a tutorial on how to hem ...
I thought I would share the hem/edge technique I will use on my blouse, BWOF #122-3,6-09, that you saw in the last post. After some fiddlin...