Smocked Pockets for McCoya's Bishop
I have always wanted to try making smocked pockets. What I had in mind were little puffs of pockets with smocking at the top. McCoya's bishop just didn't feel finished to me so I decided to take a little longer with the finishing and fulfill my pocket fantasy. I knew exactly what I envisioned and just needed to make it work. Keep in mind this is a 6 mo to 1 yr little dress, so the pockets were strictly decorative and had to be in scale. Directions? I was on my own here.
These are still rough, but you get the idea. They will be stitched to the dress and I think they are pretty doggone cute. I hope to complete this tomorrow and then complete my CJ muslin jacket.
That jacket has been christened the Oatmeal jacket, so blah, with its beige and off white hounds tooth check, boring but very nice fabric. Twice this week I went to JAs just to get the juices going on how to spiff this thing up. I saw opportunities to be funky with turquise sheer trim, tailored with white and brown grosgrain, ladylike with brown organdy ribbon, etc, etc, etc. After sleeping on it last night I think I am going to trim just the pockets and sleeve edge. I will do a Hong Kong seam treatment and will bind the edges and turn them in to the inside, all a nice , but quick unlined jacket. I have decided a 3/4 sleeve for this with no vent. This baby just has to get done so I can move on. I'm thinking I can finish the bishop tomorrow and the jacket this upcoming weekend I hope. Then it is on the spring things and my CJ...........Bunny