I cut this little bishop out last night and got it stitched and pleated this morning. At this point 4 rows of smocking are complete. I may finish this tonight. Once I started smocking I realized these sure look like Mardi Gras colors to me! The fabric is a lovely hanky linen.
I like to hem the sleeves flat. For this dress I used a technique found in my tutes, the Piped Hem. What I then did was a catch stitch in orange floss across the hem above the piping.
Next is a pair of pants that need a muslin made, rather different than my usual....Blogger is giving me grief so I will try to get my other pic up later....Bunny