Things are under control in the garden and the chicken house so I decided to take the holiday and bury myself in the studio and work on Danny's Project. Here you can see my efforts at making water. There will be many layers of embellishment here so don't judge this as the finished product. You can see how I've cut strips to give that sparkly, wavy water effect. They each got pinned as I placed them with lots of later moving around again till I was happy. Then I layed a layer of light blue tulle over the fabric and carefully unpinned each piece, putting the tulle on top and replacing the pin on top of the tulle. A good squint of this will show the tulle across the top of the pic.
Then it was off to the machine. First I stitched the top and sides, leaving the bottom open in case I needed to poke my hand in to rearrange a stray blue sliver. Then I used various blue and yellow threads to add some more "sparkle". I'm happy but feel there is more I need to do. With projects like this you sometimes need to let the piece marinate a bit before taking the next bite. So it will sit till Saturday and them I am on it again like red on meat. My vision is taking shape and it is very colorful. That's how I am with color, though. I've always called my flower beds the "Gawdy Garden" as I plant with abondon looking for bright happy colors, like zinnias, roses, rubekias and such. Bright colors make me happy and I want this piece to make the giftees feel happy and light as they think of their son. It is a way to show Danny out of the darkness of mental illness....Bunny