What a difference a day makes! Vogue 8676 Muslin
- A definite FBA is needed.
- This jacket does not have room for the thinsulate lining IMO and I may cut a larger size. I am thinking of putting the quilted lining together and then making the jacket after to fit it properly. I will cut large seam allowances to compensate.
- The neckline is nothing like the pattern OR pictures I have seen on Pattern Review of completed jackets. Here's what I think is happening and feel free to give me your two cents. Being five feet tall necklines always fall way too low for me despite taking out between the bust apex and the shoulders. I am thinking raising the front neckline to bring it in closer to my actual neck. What do you think?
This back pic shows the major issues.
- The armscyes feel very tight and high despite my lowering them a half inch already. Cut them down more?
- Wicked sloping shouldes.
- The biceps are snug despite my adding a bit there. I can add to the armscye by lowering it and then widen the sleeve seam allowance to fit in more bicep.
- The jacket is hanging off the shoulders. I also think it needs to be raised a bit where it meets the sleeve. I would like to use a small shoulder pad and this would also need to be accomodated.
- Again, the neckline - too far away from my long skinny neck in the back as well. I think I will redraw the whole thing to bring it in closer.
I think I will just cut a larger pattern, make the narrow shoulder adjustment, deal with the armholes, oy.......I will persist! This has to accomodate the quilted thinsulate interlining. Go up one size? two sizes? I am thinking two.
Yup. this is my flannel jammies, no makeup, post migraine self. I get them maybe 2-3 times a year and today was the day. Thankfully, it lifted after an afternoon sleeping and down to the cave I went.
Any input is greatly appreciated. I have contacted Banksville Fabrics and they are sending me swatches for the lining. I am leaning toward an acid green or royal blue silk charmeuse. Can't wait to see what they come up with....Bunny