Sewing Vloggers

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Vogue 9338, Embellished

 


Hello, lovelies! Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah and a Happy New Year to you all!  Our blog will start the festivities with these bright little bits of hand dyed wool. Some, the perfect squares, were purchased at my local wonderful quilt shop. The more vari-colored smaller pieces were dyed by me. They were part of a larger piece and I just cut them for this project. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday, playing with their shapes and placement, such fun!

And that gingham check? That lightweight will be the covering the Hong Kong seams in this next project.  It is a jacket, Vogue 9338, View A. It is an unlined jacket with no closures and 3/4 pleated full sleeves. These pleated sleeves are different from those of the plaid shacket in the last post, however, as you will see later. While this jacket is unlined, I am going to "semi-underline" it, my invented word. What does that mean? Well, I cut all the pieces out needed for an underlined jacket. Basically, that means the  fashion fabric and lining were cut out exactly alike and will be layed on top of each other and treated as one. However, this jacket will have some embellishment going on and I don't want that to go thru the lining layer or show.  So I will do the embellishment to the fashion fabric, a Pendleton wool (beautiful)first, and then cover it with the underlining. --------------  In the meantime, I got this bright idea that since I was going to hide the embellishment mess, I might as well hide the darts, so I did the darts, front and back as well. So, once the embellishment and darts are all done, I will lay the lining on top of the bodice pieces and proceed as if I am underlining the garment.  I will have Hong Kong seams throughout.  I always try to do all my HK seams  before construction really starts. I will baste the lining pieces to the garment pieces after the embellishment is done. Then I will do the HK seams and after that start putting together the jacket. Whew,,,,, I think the gingham will work well. It's lightweight and contrasts nicely with the black jacket and bright hand dyeds. I've been thinking about this jacket for quite some time, something to throw on for warmth, not too fussy, and fun looking. I wanted something I could wear with jeans or  a snow skirt and tights. I love that it has no closures.  Fingers crossed!

**************************

I pray good health and joy for you all  as we go thru this season of hope and love. May your days be merry and bright and I look forward to sharing with all of you  the joy of sewing next year. Happy Sewing............Bunny





2 comments:

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...