This is the most difficult to photograph garment I have ever made. The double layers of stripes in places, the interfacing being white, my bra being white, the peplum being a bit sheer, all made this blouse look horrible. It really doesn't. I promise you. Its a dark dreary day here and I needed the light from the camera. It would go thru the fabric, pick up on the whiteness of the bra and interfacing and make that GLARE through, horrible. It no more does that in real life than a chickadee eats steak. So if it looks like it has fit wrinkles, smudges of dirt, is over the top sheer, trust me, its not. So thanks for your understanding.
Simplicty 2501, size six at the top of the bodice and morphed out to size 12 in the peplum. I had to "petite" the pattern first, as always. No wrinkles! Yippee, as I didn't try it on once during construction. Talk about faith.
The top bodice is two layers of poly georgette. Facings were eliminated. The front edges were place on the fold for a double layer. Interfacing was placed in between in the button hole area only. I did not run any interfacing around the neckline. The neckline was finished with a double fold French binding. The bodice was treated as one with the darts on the inside of the blouse. The seams were mostly French seams with the armholes being serged. The hem was a "baby hem" as shown in yesterday's post. I also did a bias binding on the sleeve edges instead of two turns of the cloth as the patterns specifies. Here you can see the inner construction:
ETA: The March pants have begun!