Sewing Vloggers

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bag #1


Here is the second print fabric that called to me across the aisle at the fabric store. I watched as a lady and her daughter pulled it from the rack and opened it up. I wanted to push her down and grab it back, but I maintained my lady like demeanor and waited for her to hopefully put it back on the shelf. She did! I quickly marched it to the cutting counter before she snatched it back. Things can get rough in the fabric store, you know.

This fabric will go into a combo of View E & F of Butterick 4409. They are the squat looking bags. There will be some subtle embellishment and I am thinking some low key bead work. Since I have a habit of designing as I go, we shall see where my inspiration sends me.

I have a deadline with these two bags as DH and I are embarking on a new business venture and the clock is ticking. We'll "git 'er done", as Larry the Cable Guy says....Bunny

5 comments:

  1. I like the fabrics and bag patterns you've chosen. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny, I love this print. I may die without it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny, just thought I'd mention that I nominated La Sewista! for the excellent blog award. Feel free to visit my blog for the excellent blog graphic and/or nominate 10 of your favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to tell you, this is my first time to your blog and I have really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunny, I forwarded the logo along to your e-mail; display it with pride!

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...