Sewing Vloggers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sewing Room Window Finished!

These took me most of today and a bit of yesterday to stitch up.  They are lined and banded. I put the sheer underneath to soften the view. I love looking out at the garden and the wildlife but don't like the framework of the porch encroaching on the view. I thought the softness of the sheer could hide that a bit.  I used eyelet to make the tiebacks but I am not sure I will stick with these the way they are. I may shape them or use a different fabric. DH has suggested new lights. I have not been happy with these lights as it is very  difficult to find the correct bulb for them. So we may trade them for something with bulbs easier to replace.

This is just the first step of the journey. Coming up will be covers for other pressing tools, painting some accessories white, looking for more milk glass. I use to have loads. I will hang some artwork, cover some boxes for magazine holders, slipcover my desk chair and more. I am going to pick at all of this as I have a deadline to meet for DD's projects. Tomorrow I will start on her powder room window which should be quick and fun. This will be mounted on a board and beaded so a fun little project. Then I will move on to the upholstery. In the meantime I also hope to get moving on the smocking for Sophie's Christmas dress. I think I am going to smock "sideways" being inspired by a couple of items made by my smocking friend Kathy Dykstra. She is currently published in Sew Beautiful and has many accolades and articles in SB and AS&E to her credit. She does amazing work. ...Bunny

13 comments:

  1. Great curtains. Your notebook fits right in with your decor. No doubt, you are writing in it. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful with the banding. A very designer touch.

    I started to think about curtains for may bathroom and was searching for a piece of paper to write down the measurement, when it hit me, I should be writing this down in a notebook like Bunny blogged about!

    Mine is not as pretty as yours, something I found in the kids school supplies bin, but it now has tabs at the top and my window measurements .

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your curtains look fabulous. I love the way you edged the gingham with a different pattern but still black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet curtains! Homely and soft, but still elegant due to the black and white colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white combination. I am currently redoing our guestroom in black and white fabrics and accessories with pale yellow on the walls. The paint is by Glidden: "Lemonade Slush"...love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely curtains, if you do decide to change the tie backs, possibly consider using the print border material?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I considered that and may do it. I was looking for the instant gratification fix with the eyelet. I have only small pieces of the print so it will require some sort of piecing and facing. I am pretty sure I am headed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful curtains and I love the print combo. That is going to be a nice room to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great - crisp and elegant, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pink cave's new looks, Bunny...love the notebook, love the curtains & love Audrey's as well.
    You can keep the pesto, though. ☺ Not a big fan. LOL

    I'm SEW glad to read that you didn't have too much trouble with Irene. I was worried about you.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black and white are my favorite colors and I love the print and check together. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...