Sewing Vloggers

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Viva Cuba!



Now, now, don't be afraid. I know this fabric is over the top. I recently showed it to someone and their eyes nearly popped out of their head. Their response was "you're not going to wear that, are you?". Well, yes, maam, I am.

This is Viva Cuba from emmaonesock and I was  smitten. What can I say? The colors are incredible.  I have two panels, the other laying on top of my work table. I have ideas and as of this afternoon, construction is in motion.



The selvedges are really deep, almost 3 inches on each side but it is still about 52 inches wide. I will make use of them as you will see. Let's hope that old car isn't in for a bumpy ride.......Bunny

14 comments:

  1. Yowza! Can't wait to see what you do with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this! I'm sure you're going to make something that's stupendous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! One of the reasons to handmake garments is to have unique clothing. Bet it will be awesome. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got my fingers crossed. The fabric has presented a few challenges but I've taken pics. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This id really unique and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I' really looking forward to seeing the endresult. I love this fabric

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOH I love me some crazy prints. IN fact I just made THREE joyful garments from madness, including my Klimt dress, take a peek https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2018/08/18/klimt-every-mountain/

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS your new grey background on your blog is quite hard to read, especially when hunting for the comment box...anyone else find this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you will do with this Bunny. You know how I love zany linings in my clothes! Sure you will do something way more interesting and inventive.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this fabric especially since hubby and I are going to Havana the end of September. I know you'll make something special! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I love the colors! Can’t wait to see what you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are even more spectacular in person and are what sold me on this fabric. Just amazing.

      Delete
  12. OH MY, Bunny, you have treating us to so many cool projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forget to mention just how happy I am to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...